My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and last updated in my 2013 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||1,346||0.16%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $369, and Yield on Cost (YOC) was flat 0.00%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases and dividend changes (no sales during the month). Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: Purchases this month increased my annual dividend income by $265 and decreased yield on cost -0.02%. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop in most months since new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not be sufficient to offset the decline.
Dividend Changes: The $104 increase in annual dividend income and 0.02% increase in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- $14 Community Trust Bancorp Inc. (CTBI) $0.315q>$0.32q
- $45 Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW) $0.38q>$0.42q
- $29 Cincinnati Financial Corp. (CINF) $0.4075q>$0.42q
- $16 Leggett & Platt, Incorporated (LEG) $0.29q>$0.30q
Sales: There were no sales during October.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early December.
Full Disclosure: Long, all the aforementioned securities. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- Best Stocks for 2013
- Dividend Investors Should Focus On Stocks, Not The Market
- The Secret Ingredient of Dividend Growth Stocks
- 9 High-Yield Stocks With A Low Price To Book
- Defined-Benefit Pension Plus Dividend Stocks For A Prosperous Retirement
(Photo: sanja gjenero)
Tags: [CTBI] [ITW] [CINF] [LEG]