My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and last updated in my 2013 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||1,038||0.09%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $534, and Yield on Cost (YOC) increased 0.04%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales during the month. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: Purchases this month increased my annual dividend income by $262 and decreased yield on cost 0.01%. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop in most months since new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not be sufficient to offset the decline.
Dividend Changes: The $157 increase in annual dividend income and 0.03% increase in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- ($24) U.S. Preferred Stock Index (PFF) $0.1729m>$0.16423m
- $76 Chevron Corporation (CVX) $0.90q>$1.00q
- $77 Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) $0.61q>$0.66q
- $8 Universal Health Realty Income Trust (UHT) $0.62q>$0.625q
- $20 Pepsico, Inc. (PEP) $0.5375q>$0.5675q
Sales: During June, I sold 61% of my PFF shares at breakeven. PFF's dividend has been extremely volatile and does not fit well in my Dividend Growth Portfolio. In addition, I sold 55% of my MDT shares at a significant gain. MDT's dividend yield is the lowest in my Dividend Growth Portfolio. I plan to continue trimming my position in both of these holdings in the future.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early August.
Full Disclosure: Long, all the aforementioned securities. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- 10 Dividend Stocks That Gave Me A 20%+ Annualized Return
- All Investments Carry Risk
- 9 Stocks Delivering The Dividend Dream
- 10 Quality Dividend Stocks Trading Below Their Fair Value
- Warren Buffett's Two Investing Rules For Dividend Investors
(Photo: sanja gjenero)
Tags: [PFF] [CVX] [JNJ] [UHT] [PEP]