I. Get Rich Slowly hosted this week's Carnival of Personal Finance. For those readers not familiar with the CoPF, it's where personal finance bloggers submit their best articles of the week with one blog doing the hosting. This week's carnival had a Christmas theme. The entries are separated into categories including Main presents (best articles) , Christmas carols (all about Christmas) , New Years’ resolutions (year-end topics) , Boughs of holly (debt) , Eggnog (credit), Christmas bonus (investing) , Gifts from Grandma (retirement) , Candy canes (saving and frugality) , Five gold rings (money management) , Tinsel-lined tree (budgeting) and Stocking stuffers (miscellaneous topics) .
This week's Carnival included my article on 5 Lessons Learned About Investing. Articles I enjoyed reading included (in no particular order):
- Plan Your Escape: Five reasons to manage your money
- Million Dollar Journey: Confessions of a car salesman
- Plonkee Money: Celebrating a frugal Christmas
- Money Crashers: Three tips for better gift-giving
- Big Dreams and Small Change: Is it bad to ask for toilet paper for Christmas?
- Green Panda Treehouse: 3 ways to wisely spend your bonus
This week's Carnival included my article titled You're Fired! Articles I enjoyed reading included (in no particular order):
- Value Seeker: Common Mutual Fund Investing Mistakes
- Jose DeJesus MD: Avoid These Mutual Funds - Be Like Goldilocks
- Blaine: Frugality, America's worst nightmare
- Ted Reimers: Buying a Home near a College is a good investment
Finally, my article Dynamic Dividend Investing was linked at the bottom of the Wall Street Journal article Discounted Funds Are Wall Street's Best Buy under "Blog Posts About This Topic ".