When it come to managing your money and ensuring there is enough for the kid's education and a comfortable retirement, financial advisers aren't losing sleep over your future. Make no mistake about it - no one cares more about your future than you. So what's a person to do to make sure his or her future doesn't become a bad "learning experience" or a textbook example of what not to do?
Here are a few items to consider:
1. Take Charge of Your Future.
If you are investing your own money, become a student and constantly study how to be a better investor. If someone else invests your money, take an active role - monitor the progress, ask questions, be sure you know what they are doing with YOUR money.
2. Select a Appropriate Investment Strategy
If you are a conservative investor, penny stocks are probably not the way to go. A dividend growth strategy is what best fits my profile. I enjoy watching my annualized dividend income grow steadily each month, while not worrying about the day to day movements in my portfolio or the market.
3. Make Informed Decisions
Don't buy or sell on a whim. There is a lot of information (and noise) out there. Things change quickly and you need to be prepared to act. If you don't have the time or inclination to do this, find an independent third-party you trust, such as D4L-Premium Services.
D4L-Premium Services is designed to provide the busy dividend growth investor with a wealth of relevant information. Each week the D4L-Premium Services publishes pertinent data on 230+ of the best dividend stocks. It consists of:
- D4L-Dashboard: An easy to read, color-coded, dashboard that sorts the 230+ stocks by Stars and yield.
- Analytical Reports: A detailed analytical report is available for all 230+ stocks tracked.
- D4L-Data: A LibreOffice (OpenOffice) spreadsheet containing a significant amount of data on each of the 230+ dividend stocks tracked. The data is sortable and has built-in buttons and macros to make it easy to use.
- D4L-Alerts: Subscribers get an email alert when relevant news breaks, when content has been updated, or when I make a trade in my income portfolios.
- D4L-Forums: Have you ever looked for a place where you can intelligently discuss dividend growth stocks with like-minded people? D4L-Forums is the place where serious dividend investors gather.