My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and last updated in my 2012 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||868||0.16%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $445, and Yield on Cost (YOC) increased 0.01%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales during the month. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: Purchases this month increased my annual dividend income by $454 and did not change my yield on cost (0.00%). As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop in most months since new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not be sufficient to offset the decline.
Dividend Changes: The $76 increase in annual dividend income and 0.02% increase in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- $1 U.S. Preferred Stock Index (PFF) $0.20957m>$0.20970m
- $58 Intel Corporation (INTC) $0.21q>$0.225q
- $7 Norfolk Southern Corp. (NSC) $0.47q>$0.50q
- $10 Realty Income Corp. (O) $0.14612m>$0.15112m
Sales: During September, I sold a portion of my ITW shares at a significant gain. ITW is one of my lowest yielding dividend growth stocks.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early November.
Full Disclosure: Long all the aforementioned securities. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- Wealth is a Journey, Dividend Stocks Can Take You There
- 5 Higher-Yielding, Income Growing Tech Stocks
- Warning Signs of an Imminent Dividend Cut
- 7 Higher-Yielding Consumer Stocks To Build Your Yield
- 2 High-Yield Investments To Increase Income While Waiting On Dividend Growth
(Photo: sanja gjenero)
Tags: [INTC] [NSC] [O] [PFF]