My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and updated in my 2009 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||(371)||-0.32%|
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $114, and Yield on Cost (YOC) increased 0.01%. These changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: The $224 increase in annual dividend income and (0.10%) decrease in YOC related to the following purchases (yield at the time of purchase):
- $59 Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) 3.50%
- $72 Pepsico, Inc. (PEP) 3.39%
- $93 iShares Investment Grade Corp. Bond (LQD) 5.77%
Dividend Changes: The $44 decrease in annual dividend income and (0.03%) decrease in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- $3 Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) $0.46q>$0.49q 0.00%
- $3 Pepsico, Inc. (PEP) $0.425q>$0.45q 0.01%
- ($18) Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend Opportunities Fund (ETO) $1.84m>$1.78m -0.01%
- ($4) Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF (VIG) $1.08a>$1.03a 0.00%
- ($20) Vanguard REIT Index ETF (VNQ) $2.98a>$2.67a -0.02%
- ($8) Vanguard High Dividend Yield Indx ETF (VYM) $1.38a>$1.29a -0.01%
- ($66) Vanguard Financials ETF (VFH) 0.08%
Based on year-to-date results, I believe my revised estimate of $6,300 of annualized dividend income on December 31, 2009 is still obtainable.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be on Saturday, August 8th.