Since I began tracking my total income progress, annualized dividend income has increased in 46 of the last 46 months.
Dividends Growth Stocks Portfolio
During the month the following securities in my Dividend Growth Portfolio paid a higher dividend (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- Leggett & Platt, Incorporated (LEG) $0.32q>$0.34q
- Realty Income Corporation (O) $0.199m>$0.1995m
For the year, the Dividend Growth Portfolio has recorded a 3.74% increase in dividend income from higher dividends. My goal for the year is a 5.0% increase. Yield on cost is currently 4.82%.
There were no sales in July.
Portfolio Allocation75.6% Dividend Growth Stocks
01.0% High Dividend Growth
14.3% Debt & Preferred Stock
My long-term target allocation is:
50.0% Dividend Growth Stocks
10.0% High Dividend Growth
30.0% Debt & Preferred Stock
Year-To-Date Annualized Portfolio Returns
+16.0% Dividend Growth Stocks
+02.6% Debt & Preferred
For the last two calendar years my Dividend Growth Stocks Portfolio has outperformed the S&P 500. Since 2008, the portfolio has outperformed the S&P 500 five of the eight years. Click here for more information on historical performance.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be in early August.
Full Disclosure: Long, all the aforementioned securities. See a list of all my Dividend Growth Portfolio holdings here.
- 7 Dividend Stocks With A Good Yield And Growth Balance
- 3 High-Yield Dividend Achievers With 25 Years of Increases
- 17 Investments That Pay Monthly Dividends
- 5 Dividend Stocks To Build Your Future Security
- 7 Dividend Stocks With A Low Payout Ratio
(Photo: Arcelia Vanasse)
Tags: LEG, O,