Since I began tracking my total income progress, annualized dividend income has increased in 42 of the last 42 months.
Dividends Growth Stocks Portfolio
During the month the following securities in my Dividend Growth Portfolio paid a higher dividend (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- 3M Company (MMM) $1.025q>$1.11q
- Consolidated Edison, Inc. (ED) $0.65q>$0.67q
For the year, the Dividend Growth Portfolio has recorded a 1.54% increase in dividend income from higher dividends. My goal for the year is a 5.0% increase. Yield on cost is currently 4.70%.
In March, I sold a portion of my CVX position at a loss. CVX was sold to offset the gains generated from the sales of PNY and GAS.
Portfolio Allocaton76.3% Dividend Growth Stocks
00.8% High Dividend Growth
14.0% Debt & Preferred Stock
My long-term target allocation is:
50.0% Dividend Growth Stocks
10.0% High Dividend Growth
30.0% Debt & Preferred Stock
Year-To-Date Annualized Portfolio Returns
+6.4% Dividend Growth Stocks
+0.4% Debt & Preferred
For the last two calendar years my Dividend Growth Stocks Portfolio outperformed the S&P 500. Since 2008, the portfolio has outperformed the S&P five of the eight years. Click here for more information on historical performance.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be in early May.
Full Disclosure: Long, all the aforementioned securities, except CVX, PNY, GAS. See a list of all my Dividend Growth Stocks Portfolio holdings here.
- Are You Patient Enough To Be Wealthy? These 7 Dividend Stocks Will Help You Wait
- Three Keys For Successful Dividend Growth Investing
- 5 Exceptional Dividend Growth Stocks With Quality Financials
- 10 High-Yielding Dividend Aristocrats Not Afraid to Raise Their Dividends
- 8 Dividend Stocks With A Quick Payback
(Photo: Arcelia Vanasse)
Tags: MMM, ED,