Since I began tracking my total income progress, annualized dividend income has increased in 39 of the last 39 months.
Dividends Growth Stocks Portfolio
During the month the following securities in my Dividend Growth Portfolio paid a higher dividend (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- Realty Income Corporation (O) $0.1831m>$0.18341m
- Erie Indemnity Company (ERIE) $0.635q>$0.681q
- Sysco Corporation (SYY) $0.29q>$0.30q
For the year, the Dividend Growth Portfolio has recorded a 5.5% increase in dividend income from higher dividends. Exceeding my goal for the year for a 5.0% increase. Yield on cost is currently 4.83%.
There were no sales in December.
Portfolio Allocaton82.7% Dividend Growth Stocks
00.7% High Dividend Growth
07.5% Debt & Preferred Stock
My long-term target allocation is:
50.0% Dividend Growth Stocks
10.0% High Dividend Growth
30.0% Debt & Preferred Stock
Year-To-Date Annualized Portfolio Returns
+02.2% Dividend Growth Stocks
+5.0% Debt & Preferred
For the second consecutive year my Dividend Growth Stocks Portfolio outperformed the S&P 500. Since 2008, the portfolio has outperformed the S&P five of the eight years. Click here for more information on historical performance.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be in early February.
Full Disclosure: Long, all the aforementioned securities. See a list of all my Dividend Growth Stocks Portfolio holdings here.
- 7 High-Rated Dividend Stocks With Above Target Returns
- 4 Dividend Stocks For Healthy and Wealthy Retirement
- 4 High-Yielding Utilities With A Growing Dividends
- 9 Dividend Stocks With A 10%+ Dividend Growth Rate
- 3 Styles Of Successful Dividend Investing
(Photo: Arcelia Vanasse)
Tags: NWN, TXN,