My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and last updated in my 2014 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||946||0.15%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $227 and Yield on Cost (YOC) was down -0.01%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: Purchases this month increased my annual dividend income by $174 and lowered yield on cost -0.02%. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop in most months since new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not normally be sufficient to offset the decline, as they were in August.
Dividend Changes: The $53 increase in annual dividend income and increase of 0.01% in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- $28 Alerian MLP ETF (AMLP) $0.279q>$0.284q
- $25 National Retail Properties, Inc. (NNN) $0.405q>$0.42q
Sales: There were no sales in the month of August.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early October.
Full Disclosure: Long, all the aforementioned securities. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- 6 Healthcare Stocks With Growing Dividends Yielding In Excess of 2%
- Why We Are Dividend Growth Investors
- 6 Dividend Growth Stocks With Very Little Debt
- 4 Dividend Stocks For A Confident And Secure Future
- High-Yield, High-Return Investments To Increase Income While Waiting On Dividend Growth
(Photo: sanja gjenero)
Tags: [AMLP] [NNN]