My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and last updated in my 2013 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||1,177||0.12%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $371, and Yield on Cost (YOC) was flat 0.00%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales during the month. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: Purchases this month increased my annual dividend income by $385 and decreased yield on cost 0.04%. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop in most months since new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not be sufficient to offset the decline.
Dividend Changes: The $133 increase in annual dividend income and 0.03% increase in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- $26 ALPS Alerian MLP ETF (AMLP) $0.264q>$0.269q
- $16 National Retail Properties, Inc. (NNN) $0.395q>$0.405q 0.00]
- $91 Eaton Vance Tax-Advantage Global Fund (ETO) $0.135q>$0.15q 0.02]
Sales: During August, I sold my remaining shares in MDT at a significant gain. MDT's dividend yield was the lowest in my Dividend Growth Portfolio.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early October.
Full Disclosure: Long, all the aforementioned securities, except MDT. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- Three Keys For Successful Dividend Growth Investing
- 12 Dividend Stocks With A Quick Payback
- 9 High-Rated Dividend Stocks With Above Target Returns
- 9 High-Yielding Utilities With A Growing Dividends
- 3 Styles Of Successful Dividend Investing
(Photo: sanja gjenero)
Tags: [AMLP] [NNN] [ETO]