My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and last updated in my 2011 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||621||0.10%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $886, and Yield on Cost (YOC) was down 0.01%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: The $1,551 increase in annual dividend income and (-0.01%) decrease in YOC related to the following purchases (yield at the time of purchase):
- $84 AFLAC Inc. (AFL) 3.5%
- $386 ConocoPhillips (COP) 4.1%
- $192 Cincinnati Financial Corp. (CINF) 5.8%
- $228 Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW) 3.2%
- $248 Genuine Parts Company (GPC) 3.5%
- $413 National Retail Properties, Inc. (NNN) 5.7%
All the above purchases lowered my YOC, except CINF and NNN. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop in most months since new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not be sufficient to offset the decline.
Dividend Changes: The $40 increase in annual dividend income and 0.010% increase in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- ($7) U.S. Preferred Stock Index (PFF) $2.58a>$2.56a
- $47 Intel Corporation (INTC) $0.1812q>$0.21q
Sales: In September, I sold my entire position in Harleysville Group Inc. (HGIC) at a substantial gain after the announcement it would be acquired by Nationwide.
After September, I am still on track to reach my goal of $15,500 in annualized dividend income by December 31, 2011.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early November.
Full Disclosure: Long AFL, COP, CINF, ITW, GPC, NNN, PFF, INTC. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- 7 Dividend Stocks To Take The Emotion Out Of Investing
- A Winning Investment Strategy
- 7 Dividend Stocks To Slay The Wall Street Giants
- Dividend Stocks: A Disciplined Approach
- 3 High-Yield Telecom Dividend Stocks
(Photo: sanja gjenero)
Tags: [AFL] [COP] [CINF] [ITW] [GPC] [NNN] [PFF] [INTC] [HGIC]