Information is powerful, but its sheer volume can be overwhelming. Screens and filters allow us to condense vast amounts of data into the targeted information we are looking for. This is the first installment of a new series where I screen for one or more attributes in my database (D4L-Data) and present the information in its raw form. Obviously, this is not a buy list but a potential idea list that will require additional due diligence.
It seems that yield is always on the mind of income investors, so I decided to screen first on yield and present the 10 highest yielding stocks:
- 8.42% Vector Group Ltd. (VGR)
- 7.60% Getty Realty Corp. (GTY)
- 7.30% Courier Corporation (CRRC)
- 7.30% Investors Real Estate Trust (IRET)
- 7.25% Omega Healthcare Investors Inc. (OHI)
- 6.71% CenturyLink, Inc. (CTL)
- 6.53% TC Pipelines, LP (TCLP)
- 6.42% Suburban PropanePartners LP (SPH)
- 6.25% Plains All American Pipeline LP (PAA)
- 6.24% Buckeye Partners LP (BPL)
No surprises here. The list is dominated by REITs, MLPs and troubled industries. A high yield is an indication of higher risk, so caveat emptor!
D4L-Data is an Open Office spreadsheet containing more than 20 columns of information on the 200+ companies that I track. The data is sortable and has built-in buttons and macros to make it easy to use. Companies included in the list are those that have had a history of dividend growth. The D4L-Data spreadsheet is a part of D4L-Premium Services and is updated each Saturday for subscribers.
Full Disclosure: Long CTL. See a list of all my income holdings here.
- 13 Dividend Stocks and 3 ETFs To Balance Your Asset Allocation
- 17 Stocks With Room To Grow Their Dividend
- We Were Dividends, Before Dividends Were Cool
- 12 Dividend Stocks Delivering The Secret To Success
- 12 Dividend Stocks For A Rainy Day
Tags: [VGR] [GTY] [CRRC] [IRET] [OHI] [CTL] [TCLP] [SPH] [PAA] [BPL]
- Yum! Brands And 5 Other Stocks Just Gave Their Shareholders A Raise
- Lockheed Martin Corp. Priced To Buy
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Presented below are my dividend stock and ETF/CEF holdings. This is not a recommendation to buy these securities. I have classified some of...
A pessimist might say life is a series of bad things happening, then we die. I certainty wouldn't go that far, but life often deals us u...
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Medtronic Inc. (MDT). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis: Compan...
Each Sunday I highlight any notable articles that I came across over the past week, along with any Carnivals I participated in. For those re...
Monday, October 31, 2011 will mark my fourth full year of writing as Dividends4Life . It is hard to believe another year has passed. Like th...
Like many that came before me, I am on a journey to construct a portfolio that will provide me... Dividends 4 Life
When to buy a stock and at what price are very important decisions. However, serious investors will tell you the most important decision is ...
Long considered the domain of “ widows and orphans ”, utilities have developed a somewhat stodgy reputation. Why are utilities considered...
Once again it is time for a goals/progress update. I am pleased to report that annualized dividend income increased in August, extending th...
The Broad Dividend Achievers™ Index is comprised of companies incorporated in the United States or its territories, trade on the NYSE, NASDA...