Since I began tracking my total income progress, annualized dividend income has increased in 40 of the last 40 months.
Dividends Growth Stocks Portfolio
During the month the following securities in my Dividend Growth Portfolio paid a higher dividend (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- Realty Income Corporation (O) $0.1905m>$0.191m
- Erie Indemnity Company (ERIE) $0.681q>$0.73q
- Sysco Corporation (SYY) $0.30q>$0.31q
For the year, the Dividend Growth Portfolio has recorded a 0.21% increase in dividend income from higher dividends. My goal for the year is a 5.0% increase. Yield on cost is currently 4.65%.
There were no sales in January.
Portfolio Allocaton81.3% Dividend Growth Stocks
00.7% High Dividend Growth
08.3% Debt & Preferred Stock
My long-term target allocation is:
50.0% Dividend Growth Stocks
10.0% High Dividend Growth
30.0% Debt & Preferred Stock
Year-To-Date Annualized Portfolio Returns
-00.3% Dividend Growth Stocks
+0.1% Debt & Preferred
For the last two calendar years my Dividend Growth Stocks Portfolio outperformed the S&P 500. Since 2008, the portfolio has outperformed the S&P five of the eight years. Click here for more information on historical performance.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be in early March.
Full Disclosure: Long, all the aforementioned securities. See a list of all my Dividend Growth Stocks Portfolio holdings here.
- Successful Investors Take The Emotion Out
- 7 Higher Yield Dividend Growth Stocks
- 8 Select High-Yield S&P 500 Dividend Stocks
- A Winning Investment Strategy
- 7 Dividend Stocks With A 20% Yield In 20 Years
(Photo: Arcelia Vanasse)
Tags: O, ERIE, SYY,