My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and last updated in my 2014 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||1,379||0.19%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
In September I exceeded my 2014 goal of $30,000 of annualized dividends from my Dividend Growth Stock portfolio. For the month, annualized dividend income increased $592 and Yield on Cost (YOC) was down -0.03%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: Purchases this month increased my annual dividend income by $1,405 and lowered yield on cost flat -0.03%. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop in most months since new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not normally be sufficient to offset the decline.
Dividend Changes: The $357 increase in annual dividend income and increase of 0.03% in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- $24 Community Trust Bancorp Inc. (CTBI) $0.290909q>$0.30q
- $74 Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW) $0.42q>$0.485q
- $2 Realty Income Corporation (O) $0.18279m>0.1831m
- $19 Leggett & Platt, Incorporated (LEG) $0.30q>$0.31q
- $181 Eaton Vance Tax-Advantage Global (ETO) $0.15q>$0.18q
Sales: During October, I sold my entire position in INTC at a substantial gain. INTC has not increased its dividend since August 2012.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early November.
Full Disclosure: Long, all the aforementioned securities. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- High Yield, High Risk Dividend Stocks
- Dividend Stocks vs. Dividend ETFs
- If Only I Had Known About These Dividend Stocks...
- 10 Dividend Stocks Delivering The Secret To Success
- 10 Dividend Stocks For A Rainy Day
(Photo: sanja gjenero)
Tags: CTBI, ITW, O, LEG, ETO,