My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and last updated in my 2012 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||724||0.13%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $654, and Yield on Cost (YOC) was up 0.02%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales during the month. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: Purchases this month increased my annual dividend income by $1,600 and increased my yield on cost by 0.05%. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop in most months since new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not be sufficient to offset the decline.
Dividend Changes: The $65 increase in annual dividend income and 0.02% increase in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- $12 U.S. Preferred Stock Index (PFF) $0.20239m>$0.20535m
- $1 Realty Income Corp. (O) $0.14581m>$0.14612m
- $22 Alerian MLP Infrastructure ETN (MLPI) $0.4084q>$0.4182m
- $30 Medtronic, Inc. (MDT) $0.2425q>$0.26m
Sales: During July, I sold 100% of my MLPI ETN shares at a significant gain and sold 55% of my CL shares at breakeven. CL is one of my lowest yielding dividend growth stocks and its debt to total capital of 65% is well in excess of the 45% maximum that I look for.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early September.
Full Disclosure: Long all the aforementioned securities, except MLPI. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- The Most Important Thing To Consider When Selecting A Dividend Stock
- Mid-Year 2012 Top And Bottom Performing Dividend Stocks
- A Simple Approach To Earn More Than 4% In Dividends
- 5 Basic Materials Stocks With Growing 3%+ Dividends
- What To Do When A Stock Fails To Raise Its Dividend
(Photo: sanja gjenero)
Tags:[PFF] [O] [MLPI] [MDT]