My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and updated in my 2011 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||581||0.10%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $267, and Yield on Cost (YOC) was down 0.01%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases and dividend changes. There were no sales in August. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: The $267 increase in annual dividend income and (-0.01%) decrease in YOC related to the following purchases (yield at the time of purchase):
- $136 Community Trust Bank Corp. (CTBI) 4.5%
- $68 Chevron Corporation (CVX) 3.4%
- $62 Medtronic Inc. (MDT) 3.1%
All the above purchases lowered my YOC, except CTBI. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop in most months since new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not be sufficient to offset the decline.
Dividend Changes: The $1 increase in annual dividend income and no change 0.00% in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- ($3) U.S. Preferred Stock Index (PFF) $2.59a>$2.58a
- $4 The Clorox Company (CLX) $0.55m>$0.60m
Sales: There were no sales in August.
After August, I am still on track to reach my goal of $15,500 in annualized dividend income by December 31, 2011.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early October.
Full Disclosure: Long CTBI, CVX, MDT, PFF, CLX. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- Managing Risk With Dividend Stocks
- 9 Stocks With a Sustainable Dividend
- 11 Low Beta, High Quality Dividend Stocks
- Five Dividend Stocks To Buy On A Dip
- The Secret To Finding The Best Dividend Stocks
(Photo: sanja gjenero)
Tags: [CTBI] [CVX] [MDT] [PFF] [CLX]