My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and updated in my 2009 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||(417)||-0.36%|
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $275, and Yield on Cost (YOC) increased 0.08%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: The $542 increase in annual dividend income and (0.06%) decrease in YOC related to the following purchases (yield at the time of purchase):
- $112 Genuine Parts Co. (GPC) 4.42%
- $53 Automatic Data Processing Inc. (ADP) 3.48%
- $133 iShares iBoxx $ Invest Grade Corp Bond (LQD) 5.57%
- $105 Vanguard Intermediate-Term Bond ETF (BIV) 4.41%
- $139 Vanguard Intermediate-Term Bond ETF (BIV) 4.38%
Dividend Changes: The $15 decrease in annual dividend income and (0.01%) decrease in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- $3 Clorox Co. (CLX) $0.46q>$0.50q 0.00%
- ($18) Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend Opportunities Fund (ETO) $1.71m>$1.65m -0.01%
- ($66) Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF (VIG) 0.09%
- ($76) Manulife Financial Corporation (MFC) 0.02%
- ($110) Royal Bank of Canada (RY) 0.04%
Based on year-to-date results, I am going to raise my revised estimate of annualized dividend income on December 31, 2009 to $6,700 from $6,500.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early October.
(Photo: sanja gjenero)