My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and updated in my 2009 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||(402)||-0.35%|
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $203, and Yield on Cost (YOC) increased 0.05%. I finally crossed the elusive $6,000 mark. Hopefully, more stable markets and fewer dividend cuts will allow me to reach the $7,000 level more quickly. This month's changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: The $350 increase in annual dividend income and (0.02%) decrease in YOC related to the following purchases (yield at the time of purchase):
- $53 Nucor Corp. (NUE) 3.42%
- $103 Emerson Electric Co. (EMR) 4.16%
- $194 Vanguard Long-Term Bond ETF (BLV) 5.49%
Dividend Changes: The $31 decrease in annual dividend income and (0.03%) decrease in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- $3 Canadian National Railway Company (CNI) $0.200q>$0.217q 0.00%
- $2 Vanguard Long-Term Bond ETF (BLV) $4.02a>$4.04a 0.00%
- $1 Realty Income Corp (O) $0.14206m>$0.14237m 0.00%
- ($4) iShares Investment Grade Corp. Bond (LQD) $5.80a>$5.58a 0.00%
- ($12) SPDR S&P Dividend (SDY) $2.15a>$2.00a -0.01%
- ($21) Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend Opportunities Fund (ETO) $1.78m>$1.71m -0.02%
- ($116) Vanguard High Dividend Yield Indx ETF (VYM) 0.10%
Based on year-to-date results, I am going to raise my revised estimate of annualized dividend income on December 31, 2009 to $6,500 from $6,300.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early September.
(Photo: sanja gjenero)