Since I began tracking my total income progress, annualized dividend income has increased in 49 of the last 49 months.
Dividends Growth Stocks Portfolio
During the month the following securities in my Dividend Growth Portfolio paid a higher dividend (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- Community Trust Bancorp, Inc. (CTBI) $0.31q>$0.32q
- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW) $0.55q>$0.65q
- Realty Income Corp (O) $0.2015m>0.2020m
For the year, the Dividend Growth Portfolio has recorded a 4.35% increase in dividend income from higher dividends. My goal for the year is a 5.0% increase. Yield on cost is currently 4.85%.
There were no sales in October.
Portfolio Allocation75.8% Dividend Growth Stocks
00.7% High Dividend Growth
14.3% Debt & Preferred Stock
00.3% Precious Metals
My long-term target allocation is:
60.0% Dividend Growth Stocks
10.0% High Dividend Growth
15.0% Debt & Preferred Stock
05.0% Precious Metals
Year-To-Date Annualized Portfolio Returns
+10.4% Dividend Growth Stocks
+03.3% Debt & Preferred
For the last two calendar years my Dividend Growth Stocks Portfolio has outperformed the S&P 500. Since 2008, the portfolio has outperformed the S&P 500 five of the eight years. Click here for more information on historical performance.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be in early November.
Full Disclosure: Long, all the aforementioned securities. See a list of all my Dividend Growth Portfolio holdings here.
- 5 Stocks With Room To Grow Their Dividend
- 9 Dividend Stocks Ignoring The 4% Rule
- 10 Stocks That Have Paid Dividends For Over 100 Years
- Love People, Use Dividend Stocks
- We Were Dividends, Before Dividends Were Cool
(Photo: Arcelia Vanasse)
Tags: O, CTBI, ITW,