My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and last updated in my 2014 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||672||0.12%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $578, and Yield on Cost (YOC) was up 0.01%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: Purchases this month increased my annual dividend income by $426 and decreased yield on cost -0.03%. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop in most months since new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not normally be sufficient to offset the decline, as they were able to do in May.
Dividend Changes: The $256 increase in annual dividend income and 0.04% increase in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- $82 Raytheon Co. (RTN) $0.55q>$0.605q
- $82 General Dynamics Corp. (GD) $0.56q>$0.62q
- $6 ALPS Alerian MLP ETF (AMLP) $0.278q>$0.279q
- $12 People's United Financial Inc. (PBCT) $0.1625q>$0.165q
- $70 The Procter & Gamble Company (PG) $0.6015q>$0.6436q
- $52 AbbVie Inc. (ABBV) $0.40q>$0.42q
- $4 Colgate-Palmolive Co. (CL) $0.34q>$0.36q
Sales: In May I liquidated my position in ADP with a 82% gain. ADP's dividend was one of the lowest in my dividend growth portfolio.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early July.
Full Disclosure: Long, all the aforementioned securities. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- 10 Dividend Stocks For The Ultimate In Deferred Gratification
- 6 Healthcare Stocks With Growing Dividends Yielding In Excess of 2%
- Why We Are Dividend Growth Investors
- 6 Dividend Growth Stocks With Very Little Debt
- What Determines A Dividend Stock's Yield
(Photo: sanja gjenero)
Tags: [RTN] [GD] [AMLP] [PBCT] [PG] [ABBV] [CL]