My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and last updated in my 2012 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||833||0.17%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $330, and Yield on Cost (YOC) was up 0.01%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: Purchases this month increased my annual dividend income by $460 and decreased my yield on cost by -0.07%. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop in most months since new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not be sufficient to offset the decline.
Dividend Changes: The $172 increase in annual dividend income and 0.05% no change in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- ($11) U.S. Preferred Stock Index (PFF) $2.55a>$2.52a
- $49 Emerson Electric Co. (EMR) $0.345q>$0.40q
- $97 McDonald's Corp. (MCD) $0.61q>$0.70q
- $30 Lockheed Martin Corporation (LMT) $0.75q>$1.00q
- $7 Universal Health Realty Income Trust (UHT) $0.605q>$0.61q
Sales: In December, I sold 44% of my position in CenturyLink, Inc. (CTL) at a gain as a result of its high FCF payout. Also, I transferred my Canadian National Railway Company (CNI) to my new International Income Portfolio.
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early February.
Full Disclosure: Long all the aforementioned securities. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- Dividend Stocks: Three Keys For Successful Investing
- 10 Stocks With 100+ Years of Dividend Payments
- 10 Dividend Stocks With Above Target Returns
- 5 Dividend Stocks Trading Below Fair Value
- 8 Dividend Stocks Covering Their Dividend
(Photo: sanja gjenero)
Tags: [PFF] [EMR] [MCD] [LMT] [UHT] [CTL] [CNI]