Andrea Tse, in an article from TheStreet.com believes consumer-goods stocks are poised to grow next year as the economy lifts and consumer spending rebounds. Here are her 6 picks for 2010:
- Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG) A leading international supplier of products for the lawn and garden market.
- Clorox (CLX) - A manufacturer and marketer of consumer products including Clorox bleach, Armor All, STP, Kingsford, Hidden Valley, etc. CLX is a Dividend Aristocrat that has increased its dividend for the last 32 consecutive years.
- Procter & Gamble (PG) - A leading consumer products company that markets its household and personal care products in more than 180 countries. PG is a Dividend Aristocrat that has increased its dividend for the last 53 consecutive years. [Analysis]
- Philip Morris International (PMI) - An international tobacco company.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - A leader in the pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer products industries. JNJ is a Dividend Aristocrat that has increased its dividend for the last 47 consecutive years. [Analysis]
- PepsiCo (PEP) - a major international producer of branded beverage and snack food products. PEP is a Dividend Aristocrat that has increased its dividend for the last 37 consecutive years. [Analysis]
- MasterCard (MA) - A global leader in credit card transaction processing and brand licensing providing services in over 210 countries and territories.
- Amedisys (AMED) - A provider of home health care and hospice services in the eastern, southern and southeastern U.S.
- Qualcomm (QCOM) - Focuses on developing products and services based on its advanced wireless broadband technology.
- Petrohawk Energy (HK) - Independent oil and gas company that is engaged in the acquisition, production, exploration, and development of oil and gas properties.
- Baxter International (BAX) - Global medical products and services company provides critical therapies for people with life-threatening conditions.
- Quanta (PWR) - Provides specialized contracting services, offering end-to-end network solutions to the electric power, gas, telecommunications and cable television industries.
- Salesforce.com (CRM) - A leading provider of on-demand customer relationship management applications.
- American Tower (AMT) - Operates the largest independent portfolio of wireless communications and broadcast towers in North America.
- Renhe (RNHEF) - Develops air-raid shelters in China.
- Vornado (VNO) - REIT that owns a diverse group of properties, including Northeast retail properties, New York City office buildings, and other interests. VNO is a Dividend Achiever that has increased its dividend for the last 37 consecutive years.
- Assured Guaranty (AGO) - Provides financial guaranty insurance and reinsurance, as well as mortgage guaranty coverage.
- Wellcare Health Plans (WCG) - Provides managed care services targeted exclusively to government-sponsored health care programs.
- Potash (POT) - One of the world's largest diversified fertilizer companies and the world's largest potash producer.
- Cash America (CSH) - Owns and operates pawnshops in the United States.
- Becton Dickison (BDX) - Provides a wide range of medical devices and diagnostic products used in hospitals, doctors' offices, research labs and other settings. BDX is a Dividend Aristocrat that has increased its dividend for the last 37 consecutive years. [Analysis]
- Hillenbrand (HI) - Hillenbrand is the largest supplier of products to the funeral service industry.
- Telecom Corp. of New Zealand (NZT) - Provides telecommunications and information technology products and services to residential and business customers in New Zealand and Australia.
- STEC (STEC) - Designs, makes and markets custom and open-standard memory solutions based on Flash memory and dynamic random access memory DRAM technologies.
- Alvarion (ALVR) - Sells wireless broadband connectivity infrastructure products that allow telecom carriers and service providers to deliver high-speed data and voice services.
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) - International pharmaceutical company formed in December 2000 through the merger of British drugmakers GlaxoWellcome and SmithKline Beecham.
Full Disclosure: Long CLX, JNJ, PEP, PG. See a list of all my income holdings here.
(Photo Daniela Baack)
Tags: [AGO] [ALVR] [AMED] [AMT] [BAX] [BDX] [CLX] [CRM] [CSH] [GSK] [HI] [HK] [JNJ] [MA] [NZT] [PEP] [PG] [PMI] [POT] [PWR] [QCOM] [RNHEF] [SMG] [STEC] [VNO] [WCG]