My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and last updated in my 2013 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post.
|Div. Changes YTD||622||0.01%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
Click here for a Detailed Historical Progress Table.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $345, and Yield on Cost (YOC) decreased 0.01%. This month's changes were a net of new purchases, dividend changes and sales during the month. Let's examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: Purchases this month increased my annual dividend income by $367 and decreased yield on cost 0.02%. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop in most months since new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not be sufficient to offset the decline.
Dividend Changes: The $97 increase in annual dividend income and 0.02% increase in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- $54 Genuine Parts Company (GPC) $0.495q>$0.5375q
- $32 Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) $0.3975q>$0.47q
- $28 Owens & Minor Inc. (OMI) $0.22q>$0.24q
- $40 The Coca-Cola Company (KO) $0.255q>$0.28q
- $28 Kimberly-Clark Corporation (KMB) $0.74q>$0.81q
- ($102) U.S. Preferred Stock Index (PFF) $0.1838m>$0.1554m
- $17 Piedmont Natural Gas Co. Inc. (PNY) $0.30q>$0.31q
Sales: During April, , I sold 15% of my PFF shares at a gain. PFF's dividend has been extremely volatile and does not fit well in my Dividend Growth Portfolio. I plan to continue trimming my position in the future
That's it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early June.
Full Disclosure: Long all the aforementioned securities, except ABT. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- 7 Dividend Stocks For A Confident And Secure Future
- 7 High Yielders With A Low Free Cash Flow Payout
- Wealth is a Journey, Dividend Stocks Can Take You There
- 5 Higher-Yielding, Income Growing Tech Stocks
- Warning Signs of an Imminent Dividend Cut
(Photo: sanja gjenero)
Tags: [GPC] [WMT] [OMI] [KO] [KMB] [PFF] [PNY]